The ultimate test…

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
DWW
Great Britain

#1 The ultimate test…

Post by DWW » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:28 pm

Yesterday, Saturday, the weather was sunny and relatively warm so I decided to venture into central London. The volume of traffic was horrendous every traffic light had long queues not to mentioned all the temporary traffic lights as result of road works out of control. The total journey lasted for about two hours with hundreds of start stops, waits and a hot cabin. Never the less the car took it well, no overheating with no issues aside from slight discomfort due to seating…

I know this is not the ideal trip one wants to take with an e type but would prefer it to break down closer to home rather than miles away. Any way now that I am certain it can withstand this sort of torture I can feel I can trust the car which is not easy after a full restoration.
Danny

1962 S1 3.8 FHC (1012/1798)
2015 Range Rover Sport SVR
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mark Gordon
United States of America

#2 Re: The ultimate test…

Post by Mark Gordon » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:28 pm

"I know this is not the ideal trip one wants to take with an e type but would prefer it to break down closer to home rather than miles away."
Understood, but in your case wouldn't a flat bed to bring your car home be better than breaking down in the London traffic that you described? I would imagine the other drivers stuck behind you would be rather irate. :oops:
Mark

67 OTS 1E14988, 2015 Camry XSE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
DWW
Great Britain

#3 Re: The ultimate test…

Post by DWW » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:07 pm

Thanks for your comment and you are partially right in what you say but never the less wanted to test the car for city endurance and really didn't expect any breakdown as the car has already well over a 1000 miles since restoration in combined mileage and all the usual small niggles were sorted out.
Danny

1962 S1 3.8 FHC (1012/1798)
2015 Range Rover Sport SVR
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic