Forum Excellence Award

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
norman m. macleod
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Australia

#1 Forum Excellence Award

Post by norman m. macleod » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:13 pm

OK then, who actually noticed David (Heuer) passing the 3000th post mark? Wow...! I propose that this Award be combined with a performance factor, noting that he is one of the few to actually drive his (somewhat over-geared..) E-Type at a real 150mph. So we shall multiply the number of posts by his velocity in ft/sec, and I come up with a figure of 6.6 times 10 to the 5th power. Unassailable, David, you'll rule for years to come...trust you'll retain your sense of humour, too....!
Noted too your 100mph at 3000rpm, I calculate that at 5600rpm you'd be doing 187mph.....It may be that the combination of the projected frontal area combined with its embarassingly high coefficient of drag (Cd) may prevent you from getting there, but who knows, with a long downhill and a stiff following breeze.....At sea level and NTP, it's Mach 0.275.........! Tongue in cheek from Down Under...Keep up the good work.....
Best regards,
Norman.
PS May need some advice on the PowerLok ratio on the Linn-Sondek......
1967 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Erikantwerp
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Antwerp,Belgium
Belgium

#2

Post by Erikantwerp » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:33 pm

I can only concur with your statement and I bow humbly in the presence of such greatness !!
Well done David and many thx for your enthusiasm and wisdom .
I really look forward meeting you in person at Silverstone E 50
Cheers and keep up the fantastic work
Erik
Erik Antwerp
1966 S1 4.2 FHC,Belgium

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

GSR 54D
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: Surrey
Great Britain

#3

Post by GSR 54D » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:00 pm

David; truly unrivaled dedication to this site having now achieved 673 registered members + many guests.

Thanks

John H.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Phil
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Belgium
Belgium

#4

Post by Phil » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:18 am

David ,

you deserve indeed a big APPLAUSE and big THANK YOU for leading this forum
the way you do it, and having identified the great moderators (Mark and Angus)
providing extra knowledge and support ! What a way since the early days of the Forum !

Look forward to meet you at Silverstone also.
He you may get in trouble if we all drink a beer with you over there :wink:


NB: and a big thank you to Harry for providing the Forum of course !
Philippe
1972 V12 2+2, Belgium

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


adam
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:11 pm
Great Britain

#5

Post by adam » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:50 am

Thank you

A big well done to everyone involved in producing the forum

Aadm

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


christopher storey
Posts: 5698
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: cheshire , england
Great Britain

#6

Post by christopher storey » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:37 am

Hear , hear . David, you have given us all a lot of pleasure , and long may it continue

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Heuer
Administrator
Posts: 15204
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:29 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire
Great Britain

#7

Post by Heuer » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Thank you for the kind comments. When Harry asked me to take on the job a couple of years ago we decided the Forum needed more information and activity to give it life. Nothing worse than members returning to the Forum to find no new posts so, at the risk of becoming opinionated and unpopular through over posting, I decided to chip in with anything I thought relevant and would create interest. The 'Knowledge Base' and 'Collectors Corner' became my babies as they were purely informative and not controversial. I hope this approach has allowed me to get away with it without annoying anyone. I freely admit that others here - Mark, Angus, Christopher, Pete etc - have far more detailed practical and technical knowledge than me so I happily defer to them in these matters and will continue to do so.

Harry has also been hugely supportive whilst insisting the Forum remains fiercely independent, has no editorial control and has never sought financial gain even though he pays all the bills. Indeed that is the biggest testament to him as a person and a business, a great recommendation if you need work doing on your car - please take a few minutes occasionally to click on his logo and see what he has going on.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
norman m. macleod
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Australia

#8 Forum Excellence Award

Post by norman m. macleod » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Goodness me, what have I started......? Probably no more than what was due anyway, and a bit of an accolade to those involved.....As David said, much is attributable to the likes of Harry who funds it, and to the others who give up time to answer silly questions from the likes of me, including Christopher, Angus, Pete, and all the rest. I have belonged to a number of one-make/model clubs, cars and motorcycles, over the past 50 years, and none seem to quite make it to the level of friendly assistance that this Forum does....Stuck down here in this little Antipodean village called Perth, Western Australia, (incidentally, the most isolated city on the planet, in terms of distance from any other city..!) we really need the sort of support and advice that the Forum gives....thanks to all...keep up the good work........
Best regards,
Norman
Western Australia.
1967 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

harryetype
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:15 pm
Location: Newbury Park, California

#9

Post by harryetype » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:47 pm

I may have started it but without David, Mark, Angus and all the active members the Forum would not have got off the ground and would not be as great as it is. I'm always encouraged by the number posts each time I log on.

Therefore a big thank you to everyone.

I'm hoping to confirm my presence at Silverstone later this week. I think it would be a good opportunity for forum members to meet up.
Harry

My Dads old V12 TOM 32
1968 Roadster

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic