Page 1 of 1

#1 E-Type journey times just got longer

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:34 pm
by Heuer
Don't expect to be getting anywhere very quickly in your E-Type from now on. It seems just about everyone saw Top Gear and they all want to talk about the car - at traffic lights, at junctions, at petrol stations, in the street. Thumbs up whilst on the road and lots of flashing headlights. Even with the car back in the garage I have been accosted by the Postman and two delivery guys who wanted to talk about it and the programme. The Eagle Speedster seems to be high on everyone's list.

Clarkson did well given he had 13 minutes to do a tribute and entertain the chavs!

#2

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 pm
by MarkE
I was in the E today and was waved and grinned at by a stunning looking blonde lady in a convertible XKR....are you telling me it's the car she liked? I thought my luck was changing. :roll:

By the way, did you spot what tyres Eagle used on the Speedster?

You won't like it!!

#3

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 pm
by Heuer
I spotted the 16" Borrani's but not the tyres. On the other hand I have no doubt Eagle matched the rubber to the dynamics of their car, much as Dewis did with the original. As for the blonde ..................