Hello
Can someone let me know how much approx a Series 1 body tub weighs without doors, interior etc? I need to transport one and I am trying to assess whether it can be lifted into a van by hand or whether I need a forklift (which would make the job a lot more of a hassle).
Thanks
Myles
Series 1 Bodytub weight
#2 Re: Series 1 Bodytub weight
Myles, I have lifted a bare roadster tub with doors, no bonnet, with a couple of chums with no problem. A tail lift makes it easier.
Angus 67 FHC 1E33656
61 OTS 875047
61 OTS 875047
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
We lifted my bare body (well, the car's that is) by hand with two "able bodied" men, me and my friend Willem. Three is more comfortable though.
Pim van der Schaaf
1E34261
1A33630BW
1E34261
1A33630BW
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
Sorry, just reading that you want to lift it into a van, four guys will easily get into a van. We did it this way when we picked up my car which was completely disassembled at the time (completely bare tub). Two can lift it, but you also have to be able to manoeuvre it around a bit.
Pim van der Schaaf
1E34261
1A33630BW
1E34261
1A33630BW
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |




