Page 1 of 1

#1 Great Jaguar friends

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:52 pm
by Ginger
Life is short and we all tend to take our friendships for granted, I think. I have enjoyed meeting some of the truly nicest people in the world, thanks to the Jaguar enthusiasts having the good sense to get together in cyberspace and share.

The best part is when we can meet and become more than just cyberfriends, though. I experienced some of that warmth when visiting the UK in November of '04, and the California coast in February of '07. I am still smiling from my adventures at both places...thanks to my E-Type buddies. Can't wait to come back.

Just wanted to take the time to say that this is a fine forum, and I've seen a few. Recently, I was treated like rubbish on a Ferrari chat site. Boy, that made me appreciate the Jaguar people SO much more!

So, here's my invite to YOU... if anyone here is ever visiting Florida (you ALL come here eventually to see Disney or something, right?), please look me up. Y'all just consider me your friend "Down South" and I will be happy to make you feel as welcomed as possible. If there's anything Jag related going on at that time, I will undoubtedly know about it. 8)

#2

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:49 pm
by Heuer
Ginger

Your posts on Jag-Lovers are an inspiration and it is great your enthusiasm extends to visiting these shores to share our appreciation of all things Jaguar - so rare. If my wife and I visit Florida we will be sure to call you up. I still have memories of your night ride video, you laughing at the guy in the over revving muscle car. Stay safe.

#3 Midnight right in South Beach, Miami

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 pm
by Ginger
Ah, that was fun.

Here's the clip:


We were down in Miami, where Pascal in his '72 SIII and I in my '66 OTS were tearing up South Beach with his girlfriend driving her Alfa. A Hiabusa (or some such bike) pulled in behind Pascal at a stop light, and they were both revving their engines - back and forth. I didn't get them all on tape, just the last motorcycle rev. I turned around to a guy on a scooter behind me, and asked him, "Can you do that?" and he said, "No, I cannot!" ha ha ha

When the light turned green, Pascal and the motorcycle racer took off, racing down the street ahead of us. Then we ended up on the highway, warm night, clear skies....good times...great memories. See me smiling at 2:27; laughing again a bit later; I really enjoyed that drive!

#4

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:00 pm
by Car-Nut
We travel alot, so maybe we'll have a few beers one day ginger..... :wink:

#5

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:42 pm
by Phil
hello Ginger

you are right, sharing this passion and meeting E-Type owners or enthusiasts is always a great moment. So be sure if I get a chance to come over to Florida , I will let you know and I hope you have some belgian beer over there :wink:

Also, if you come to Belgium, let me know :!:


best regards

#6 Belgian Beers

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:07 pm
by Ginger
We have your Stella or Hoegaarden waiting...maybe others...you guys know beer!!! :D

#7

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:38 am
by Erikantwerp
Hi Ginger,

welcome to this forum from another Belgian "beer-head". Great video, enjoyed it very much ! I off course fully support Philippe's invite should you ever make it to our small country.

Do not know where you reside, but as it happens, I will be in Orlando end of this month (September 21 to September 24th) on business. On the off chance you are around, and wanna talk e-type, let me know.

cheers
Erik
1966 S1 4.2 FHC, Carmen red

#8 Orlando Visit

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:12 am
by Ginger
Hi, Erik,

Sounds like a plan...I'm only 45 minutes west of Orlando. In fact, my Jaguar club is based there. http://www.catdriver.org

Please email me and let's arrange a time to raise a glass and talk Jags while you're here. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

If you need any help or have questions about the area, don't hesitate to ask. I'm a 6th generation Floridian, and "Southern hospitality" is one of my specialties. 8)

Cheers,
Image

#9 Great Jaguar Friends

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:06 pm
by HarryW
Hi, Ginger.
Love the video - next time , could you put the camera in the V12 and let us see more of the Golden Sand OTS? - but keep your laugh in the sound track! 8)

#10

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:45 pm
by Ginger
I have some videos of the Golden Sand, but you may not like the music....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2OlWEskg_U

Sorry I didn't go .....uh...."topless." ha ha!

Lots of my vids on the YouTube channel "NeedForSpeedFreak"