Page 1 of 1

#1 Cleaning the aluminium interior of a 3.8 OTS

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 pm
by Peter B.
Hello,
maybe this is a stupid question :oops: , but how do you clean the aluminium dot-pattern parts of your interior? I?m hesitating to use my "normal" alu polishing, because it has those dot patterns on it.
What do you use and how do you do it at all?
Many thanks!
Peter

#2

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 pm
by richard btype
I would use a soft nylon brush like for cleaning nails or cleaning dishes with some mild soap and hot water - agitate with brush and dab dry with disposable paper towel.

#3

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:23 am
by Peter B.
Hello Richard,
thank you for the reply. Seems to be a reasonable way. You use no polish at all, right?
Regards
Peter

#4

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 am
by richard btype
Peter

Depends on what finish you are after but for original appearance definately no polish.

I actually did my dash over the weekend using a toothbrush and soapy water around the dials and switch gear, dried it off with paper towel and looks right to me.

I hope it works for you!

Richard