Page 1 of 1

#1 Upload Avatar

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:52 pm
by AussieEtype
I am having trouble uploading an Avatar.

I have created an avatar that is 200x200pixels and is 7.5 kb.

I upload from my computer it through the relevant section of my Profile and the message pops up that my Profile has been amended but the avatar pic is not there. When I go back into my profile the pic is not there either.

I think I have done everything correctly so am a bit confused.

What have I done wrong??

Thanks

Garry

#2

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:06 pm
by vrracing
You might find some good leads in this thread.


Why is my avatar so big

#3

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:37 pm
by Heuer
We have been having problems with Avatars since we moved servers. It will work if you paste a link into the "Link to off-site Avatar:" box. The image needs to be no more than 200x200 pixels and 15kb in size.

Try pasting this link as an experiment: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/q ... al/red.jpg

Image

It fails when you see that small three colour box instead of the picture you want.

#4

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 pm
by AussieEtype
Thanks David - that worked.

Cheers

Garry