Buying from W J Perrys on ebay ?

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
Durango2k
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Germany
Germany

#1 Buying from W J Perrys on ebay ?

Post by Durango2k » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 pm

All,

I tried to buy spares from them, but they do not respond to mail.

Furthermore, I cannot click on "buy now" because they only list their items for UK postage, and not germany as well.

Does anyone have an idea ?

I need

1x lower fulcrum kit (inner, the needle bearing thingies), look:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IRS-INNER-FUL ... 19c061408c


1x lower outer hub kit (the preload thing)


It?s a shame, they offer the upper kit for as low as 30 UKP, but I would be paying 170 Euros here. And this will never happen....

Carsten

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


tim wood
Posts: 1350
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: Leighton Buzzard UK
Great Britain

#2 Win Perry

Post by tim wood » Sat May 18, 2013 9:30 am

all I can say is that I have bought many items from his ebay shop and directly at shows. Service has been perfect.

He my just be busy, worth it to keep trying
Tim

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
Durango2k
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Germany
Germany

#3

Post by Durango2k » Sat May 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi,

I never got it round with him.

Finally, I called my old chum Andrew in London, he bought the parts, had him send them to me cause his mails actually WERE answered - so I have my thing, still lower then HALF of our prices, and that?s it.

Carsten

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

PeterCrespin
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Contact:
United States of America

#4

Post by PeterCrespin » Sun May 19, 2013 12:53 am

Good supplier. One of the few to sell solid rubber engine mounts instead of the ones with hollow backs like Mk2 bumper mounts. His place is extremely 'old school' if you ever go there, which I'm sure is why he doesn't need/want to bother with overseas business. He's always at Stoneleigh in person.

You'll just have to move to the UK Carsten.

See you in July

Pete
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
Durango2k
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Germany
Germany

#5

Post by Durango2k » Sun May 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi Pete,

lucky me I have you and Andrew around - this keeps my parts coming up every now and then at prices I can afford...

You say see you in July - means your European contact has not booked you for the 3 months you told me ?

I mean for us it will be nice to meet and maybe go to White House :-), but money- wise for you ... ?

Carsten

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

PeterCrespin
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Contact:
United States of America

#6

Post by PeterCrespin » Mon May 20, 2013 12:55 am

No news so far Carsten and as it was potentially going to be a UK work contract May/June/July it is a bit late for May! My second grandchild will be born (DV) in late July so August is my preferred UK visit month.

Bis zum Juli

Pete
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
Durango2k
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Germany
Germany

#7

Post by Durango2k » Mon May 20, 2013 5:55 pm

YES- see you !

Carsten

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic