Page 1 of 1

#1 Buying from W J Perrys on ebay ?

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 pm
by Durango2k
All,

I tried to buy spares from them, but they do not respond to mail.

Furthermore, I cannot click on "buy now" because they only list their items for UK postage, and not germany as well.

Does anyone have an idea ?

I need

1x lower fulcrum kit (inner, the needle bearing thingies), look:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IRS-INNER-FUL ... 19c061408c


1x lower outer hub kit (the preload thing)


It?s a shame, they offer the upper kit for as low as 30 UKP, but I would be paying 170 Euros here. And this will never happen....

Carsten

#2 Win Perry

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:30 am
by tim wood
all I can say is that I have bought many items from his ebay shop and directly at shows. Service has been perfect.

He my just be busy, worth it to keep trying
Tim

#3

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:45 pm
by Durango2k
Hi,

I never got it round with him.

Finally, I called my old chum Andrew in London, he bought the parts, had him send them to me cause his mails actually WERE answered - so I have my thing, still lower then HALF of our prices, and that?s it.

Carsten

#4

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:53 am
by PeterCrespin
Good supplier. One of the few to sell solid rubber engine mounts instead of the ones with hollow backs like Mk2 bumper mounts. His place is extremely 'old school' if you ever go there, which I'm sure is why he doesn't need/want to bother with overseas business. He's always at Stoneleigh in person.

You'll just have to move to the UK Carsten.

See you in July

Pete

#5

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:39 pm
by Durango2k
Hi Pete,

lucky me I have you and Andrew around - this keeps my parts coming up every now and then at prices I can afford...

You say see you in July - means your European contact has not booked you for the 3 months you told me ?

I mean for us it will be nice to meet and maybe go to White House :-), but money- wise for you ... ?

Carsten

#6

Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:55 am
by PeterCrespin
No news so far Carsten and as it was potentially going to be a UK work contract May/June/July it is a bit late for May! My second grandchild will be born (DV) in late July so August is my preferred UK visit month.

Bis zum Juli

Pete

#7

Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:55 pm
by Durango2k
YES- see you !

Carsten