Page 1 of 1
#1 Forum Search Engine
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:05 pm
by richard btype
Whenever I have tried to search for an answer before posting - I have rarely (perhaps 90% against) found the items generated by the research are relevant.
Are there some tips I should abide by or?
For example during my resto project with the Elan the search was very accurate on that particular forum....
#2
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:03 pm
by Heuer
I find the search to work quite well. Some tips:
1. If you are searching for 'steering wheel' you put in either '+steering +wheel' or 'steering AND wheel'. Equally if you want to exclude the word 'wheel' you would use '+steering -wheel' or 'steering NOT wheel'. Notice the capitals - they must be used.
2. The search will, in the case of a long thread, just say "it is somewhere in the 97 pages of this thread". In which case use the 'Display results as' radio button and select 'posts' rather than 'thread'
3. There are a number of filters you can invoke - date, Forum, sort by date/time, ascending descending etc
Let me know if you can't find a topic and I will investigate.
#3
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 pm
by richard btype
Thank you will try as you have recommended....