Page 1 of 1
#1 Spot the Jaguars!
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:31 pm
by Heuer
No E-Type content but I found this old Firestone advert from 1959/60 and it seems to show how in love America was with British cars:

Here is a slightly enlarged version:
Obviously a race meeting somewhere but notice there are no crash barriers.
#2
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:35 am
by malcolm
Quite a few XKs though - and a few beatles! Obviously taken pre E type era as you point out the advert is from 59/60
#3
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:14 pm
by christopher storey
And interestingly, since this is the USA , what looks like a manual MarkVIII or IX ( not a VII as it has a single line of boot script)
#4
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:20 pm
by Heuer
Meant to say if you right mouse click on the image and save to your desktop you can open the picture and zoom in to your hearts content. Incidentally is that a Ferrari between the Volvo and TR2?
#5
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:46 pm
by christopher storey
Can't even see the Volvo. I do notice, however, what looks like a very rare car indeed, a Borgward Isabella convertible on the extreme left about 6 ( or it could be 7 ) rows up from the bottom . Oh, now I've seen the Volvo , looks to be a 444 or 544, on the opposite end of the same row, but I think that is a Corvette next to it
#6
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:05 pm
by Heuer
I thought it may have been a 1958 250 California Spyder:

#7
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:08 pm
by Pim