Charity run.

Talk about E-Types here
User avatar

Topic author
malcolm
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:44 am
Location: Fleet
Great Britain

#1 Charity run.

Post by malcolm » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Did a charity tulip run from ye olde plough house near Brentwood to Layer Marney Tower in Essex. Great day, with 240 cars starting. We were supposed to dress in clothes matching the year of our car, or wear uniform. I was able to do both; I wore the uniform I wore to Sea in the late 60's.
Here's me and the missus in front of our car (DAB 26H)

Image

Remarkably, just by chance, I ended up parked right behind another white E type with Webasto roof, also H reg, and there were only 3 E types there.

Image

The field was 240 cars, mixture of classic, American and Sports.

Image

Couple of real oldies

Image

Nice day out, in aid of medical detection dogs and a charity for dementia in young adults
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Mark Gordon
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
United States of America

#2

Post by Mark Gordon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:55 pm

Very cool, Malcolm. I'm not sure that I could still fit into my old Army uni. :oops:
Mark

67 OTS 1E14988, 2015 Camry XSE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic