I suppose even in Blackpool there were people who spoke like this, but it's not how I expected him to sound. I guess people adopted a slightly different tone in those days when being recorded in a formal setting.
I came across this when researching stuff for the Journal on the aftermath from the big fire in 57. http://oldcoventryonfilm.vidmeup.com/vi ... eabc94.flv
Pete
Squeaky Sir Bill
-
PeterCrespin
Topic author - Posts: 4561
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
- Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Contact:

#1 Squeaky Sir Bill
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
PeterCrespin
Topic author - Posts: 4561
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
- Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Contact:

#2
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
christopher storey
- Posts: 5698
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: cheshire , england

#3
Nothing squeaky on the link I listened to . There must be a fault on your sound system
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Mark Gordon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:33 pm
- Location: Columbus, Ohio

#4
I think that I've seen some of those burned out hulks up for sale on Ebay with a "Buy It Now" price of $70,00+. 
Mark
67 OTS 1E14988, 2015 Camry XSE
67 OTS 1E14988, 2015 Camry XSE
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
PeterCrespin
Topic author - Posts: 4561
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
- Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Contact:

#5
Yeah, I listened to it on something different and he sounds a bit more normal. Nothing like your stentorian basso profundo though Chris, where even the stones of the courtroom quivered :-)christopher storey wrote:Nothing squeaky on the link I listened to . There must be a fault on your sound system
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


