Page 1 of 1

#1 Squeaky Sir Bill

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:52 pm
by PeterCrespin
I suppose even in Blackpool there were people who spoke like this, but it's not how I expected him to sound. I guess people adopted a slightly different tone in those days when being recorded in a formal setting.

I came across this when researching stuff for the Journal on the aftermath from the big fire in 57. http://oldcoventryonfilm.vidmeup.com/vi ... eabc94.flv

Pete

#2

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:55 pm
by PeterCrespin

#3

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:23 pm
by christopher storey
Nothing squeaky on the link I listened to . There must be a fault on your sound system

#4

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:30 pm
by Mark Gordon
I think that I've seen some of those burned out hulks up for sale on Ebay with a "Buy It Now" price of $70,00+. :wink:

#5

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 pm
by PeterCrespin
christopher storey wrote:Nothing squeaky on the link I listened to . There must be a fault on your sound system
Yeah, I listened to it on something different and he sounds a bit more normal. Nothing like your stentorian basso profundo though Chris, where even the stones of the courtroom quivered :-)