Or just badly set up ??
I'm in London at the moment at the Coys auction, having nose around a Series 1 4.2 E I noticed it had tipple webers , so I hop in to see what the pedal feels like pushing the webers open ....... very light ...... it would be the pedal is floored but the webers are just over half open . This made me think ?? A scenario where the owner would quite easily think what's the point in the webers over the original S U 's
Just a thought ?
webers ...... bad press ??
-
dal2.0litrefrogeye
Topic author - Posts: 1090
- Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:48 pm
- Location: sarf london
- Contact:

#1 webers ...... bad press ??
Its a way of life not a hobby
Darren . 64 4.2 modded 69 4.2
Darren . 64 4.2 modded 69 4.2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2 Re: webers ...... bad press ??
Any good? I tried to drop in for a quick nose round on my way home yesterday, but they wanted ?20 for the privilege - which seemed a bit rude for a preview day!dal2.0litrefrogeye wrote:I'm in London at the moment at the Coys auction
1969 S2 FHC - 1R20258
1993 Lancia Delta HF integrale Evo II
2008 Caterham Seven Roadsport
1993 Lancia Delta HF integrale Evo II
2008 Caterham Seven Roadsport
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Please don't knock the carbs :D ....I'm trying to sell a set of triple side webers and have just posted on the sale/wanted board!
Nick
Nick
Nick
1969 S2 2+2
1969 S2 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
dal2.0litrefrogeye
Topic author - Posts: 1090
- Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:48 pm
- Location: sarf london
- Contact:

#4
Hi Simon , yes a good evening . Caught up with chums and nosed around some very nice cars , reporting back on the two E 's that sold . 1ST one was a 1962 OTS a nice 10 foot car , as soon as you got nearer there was a good few minor ish issue bad body fit being one of them and the underside of boot floor nicely undersealed errrr price it sold for 90 K plus the auction premium s . The second was a late (F reg ) 4.2 OTS a better car but still not without obvious faults . Hand painted hamerite in body colour engine frames and bulkheads . Along with restored seats that were way to hard , you sat on the car rather than in it . Sold for 106 K plus auction premium.
Hi no no I'm far from knocking webers , I've used them on many many cars I've had and are using them now on my modded sprite . Start and tick over nice from cold , perform all through the Rev range , and not to bad on fuel , oh and never ever had a pair stinking of fuel !! But one thing I must say I've Always had them set up (along with ignition and cam timing ) on a rolling road . Nope far from knocking! If I hadn't bought mine already I'd be ringing your phone of the hook
Hi no no I'm far from knocking webers , I've used them on many many cars I've had and are using them now on my modded sprite . Start and tick over nice from cold , perform all through the Rev range , and not to bad on fuel , oh and never ever had a pair stinking of fuel !! But one thing I must say I've Always had them set up (along with ignition and cam timing ) on a rolling road . Nope far from knocking! If I hadn't bought mine already I'd be ringing your phone of the hook
Its a way of life not a hobby
Darren . 64 4.2 modded 69 4.2
Darren . 64 4.2 modded 69 4.2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5
Thanks for the report! :D
1969 S2 FHC - 1R20258
1993 Lancia Delta HF integrale Evo II
2008 Caterham Seven Roadsport
1993 Lancia Delta HF integrale Evo II
2008 Caterham Seven Roadsport
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


