Page 1 of 1
#1 webers ...... bad press ??
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:06 pm
by dal2.0litrefrogeye
Or just badly set up ??
I'm in London at the moment at the Coys auction, having nose around a Series 1 4.2 E I noticed it had tipple webers , so I hop in to see what the pedal feels like pushing the webers open ....... very light ...... it would be the pedal is floored but the webers are just over half open . This made me think ?? A scenario where the owner would quite easily think what's the point in the webers over the original S U 's
Just a thought ?
#2 Re: webers ...... bad press ??
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:11 pm
by Simon P
dal2.0litrefrogeye wrote:I'm in London at the moment at the Coys auction
Any good? I tried to drop in for a quick nose round on my way home yesterday, but they wanted ?20 for the privilege - which seemed a bit rude for a preview day!
#3
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:40 pm
by nottsman
Please don't knock the carbs :D ....I'm trying to sell a set of triple side webers and have just posted on the sale/wanted board!
Nick
#4
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:13 pm
by dal2.0litrefrogeye
Hi Simon , yes a good evening . Caught up with chums and nosed around some very nice cars , reporting back on the two E 's that sold . 1ST one was a 1962 OTS a nice 10 foot car , as soon as you got nearer there was a good few minor ish issue bad body fit being one of them and the underside of boot floor nicely undersealed errrr price it sold for 90 K plus the auction premium s . The second was a late (F reg ) 4.2 OTS a better car but still not without obvious faults . Hand painted hamerite in body colour engine frames and bulkheads . Along with restored seats that were way to hard , you sat on the car rather than in it . Sold for 106 K plus auction premium.
Hi no no I'm far from knocking webers , I've used them on many many cars I've had and are using them now on my modded sprite . Start and tick over nice from cold , perform all through the Rev range , and not to bad on fuel , oh and never ever had a pair stinking of fuel !! But one thing I must say I've Always had them set up (along with ignition and cam timing ) on a rolling road . Nope far from knocking! If I hadn't bought mine already I'd be ringing your phone of the hook
#5
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:45 pm
by Simon P
Thanks for the report! :D