Another Update :(

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
rodbargee
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:01 pm
Location: Leeds

#1 Another Update :(

Post by rodbargee » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:16 pm

After the commercially available chemicals poster I wish I had some cheery news but It's not to be.....the original block we stripped down and gave to Chris Watson the engineer, has turned out to be scrap. :( Unfortunately this didn't come to light until he'd re bored it and put a new liner in!! Still it cant be helped, apparently the block had been "stich" repaired in the past and the block is cracked all the way through.

Perhaps he might have discovered this sooner if the block had been cleaned up prior to the work being started.....we'll see what he says when I go to pick it up! As a result I have a newly ground crank (mains +20 B/E +10) and all the engine ancillary bits and pieces available, a set of new heppalite pistons (+20) and a set of re-centred rods.

The crank oil galleries have been opened and cleaned through, it should be a belter for someone. I'll get a full list sorted out, if people are interested in anything let me know. At least the car has a working engine in it and an Mot!! So I can still go for a drive!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links