#1 E-Type UK visit
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:02 pm
As I had a business appointment in Godstone last week I decided it might be worthwhile dropping in to see the new E-Type UK premises given they were only 20 minutes away. They occupy a large modern barn which is part of a secluded business village located in the middle of a farm estate. No worries about muddy tracks as there is a long paved road into the complex.
Opening the door into E-Type UK revealed a large modern well equipped workshop and an array of E-Types which looked like toys compared to the new Ford GT sitting in the corner - boy is that thing wide. I was greeted by the friendly face of Harry who provided me with a large cup of coffee, a guided tour around the cars and an insight to what he was trying to achieve with the business. Harry has an impressive CV in the auto industry and it was really refreshing to meet someone who was so committed to customer service and even his enthusiasm for the E-Type came second to that goal. It is easy to find dealers who will bask you in the glow of the legend that is the E-Type whilst living in the hope that you will be blinded by any shortcomings. Harry approaches it from the other direction - he stands by and wants to maintain his reputation at all cost. So if you are in the area give Harry a call and see if it is convenient to pop in for a chat and look around - very impressive. In fact it would make an ideal venue for a Forum get together at some time.
I would really like to thank Harry for taking the time to see me at such short notice given he was very busy (Phillip Porter was there looking at ways the Forum and E-Type Club can work more closely together I believe). Sorry no pictures as I did not have a camera with me but no doubt Harry can put a few up here so you can see what I mean.
Opening the door into E-Type UK revealed a large modern well equipped workshop and an array of E-Types which looked like toys compared to the new Ford GT sitting in the corner - boy is that thing wide. I was greeted by the friendly face of Harry who provided me with a large cup of coffee, a guided tour around the cars and an insight to what he was trying to achieve with the business. Harry has an impressive CV in the auto industry and it was really refreshing to meet someone who was so committed to customer service and even his enthusiasm for the E-Type came second to that goal. It is easy to find dealers who will bask you in the glow of the legend that is the E-Type whilst living in the hope that you will be blinded by any shortcomings. Harry approaches it from the other direction - he stands by and wants to maintain his reputation at all cost. So if you are in the area give Harry a call and see if it is convenient to pop in for a chat and look around - very impressive. In fact it would make an ideal venue for a Forum get together at some time.
I would really like to thank Harry for taking the time to see me at such short notice given he was very busy (Phillip Porter was there looking at ways the Forum and E-Type Club can work more closely together I believe). Sorry no pictures as I did not have a camera with me but no doubt Harry can put a few up here so you can see what I mean.