Page 1 of 1

#1 I bought one !!

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:38 am
by Echezeaux
Few weeks ago, on a trip to Sydney , we went to the Classic Throttle Shop to see two High end prices S1 OTS 3.8 and 4.2, nice cars, but not to my taste.
Following this, we went to see another one at a prestige car dealer, a white 4.2 S1 with filler everywhere,shredded leather, Rhd sill not the same lenght than the left side,and more oil on the floor than in the sump. But with factory hard top and four new XAS MICHELIN tyres for the modest sum of $99.990 !!
So !! except from finding a really good cocktail bar, the COHIBAR,where you can smoke a cigar or two without anybody harassing you ! in Darling harbour, no much luck with E-type.
So, we jumped on the plane and went to Brisbane, where a 63 OTS was for sale at OLDTIMER AUSTRALIA.
An older restauration done certaintly on budget, but honest appearance, a car you can drive now and restore later.
With advice from Glenn OlSEN of the Jag Etype restoration shop, we bought it !!
Two days later I was on another plane to Singapore, back at work !!
Being just back home in Perth, I cannot wait for the car to arrive in my garage !
Sorry for making that topic a bit long, but I must admit that I'm really happy to be an E-type owner and I thought about sharing it with you all !!

Thierry
[/b]

#2

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:57 am
by Erikantwerp
Thierry,

sincere congratulations and well done !! Welcome to the crazy but fantastic world of etype motoring. I am sure you will not regret your decision.

I felt just the same when I bought my carmen red 1966 4.2 FHC almost two years ago in the UK.

Happy motoring :)

cheers
Erik

#3

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:04 am
by Phil
Hello Thierry,

your post is certainly not too long, this is great news !
Congratulations for your purchase , I wish you many years of happy driving and as we can reed from your post and you can feel ...the "big smile" :D effect is already on your face !
Keep us updated when the car arrives .

cheers

#4

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:31 pm
by p1vickers
Hi Thierry

Well done and welcome. You are going to love owning and driving that car, I hope it gives you a lot of pleasure.

It's been a glorious sunny day here in the south of England so I have been out all day driving my S1 2+2 - what a buzz

You have joined a very knowledgeable group who I have found extremely helpful during my recent rebuild, so just ask if you require any help.

Regards

Pete

#5

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:33 am
by Echezeaux
Thanks to all of you,
Well.. At the beginning, I was looking to buy a 4.2 ( not many for sale here ) you know.... synchro G/box, better seat, bigger motor and so on... But after reading books and seeing a few 3.8, I really started to love that "Rather down market aluminium sheeting" dash and console, and the shape of the seats, I will let you know later, when the car is here, if they are that terrible !! And it's funny as you can change your mind quickly, I allways tought that if I bought an E-type, I would modify it as a semi light weight, but again the more I look at them the more I think that I can have a really nice looking stock standard E-type . I don't know about you, but an E-type with no front and rear bumper makes me drool really quickly !!
I'll try to attach some pictures.

#6

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:47 am
by Echezeaux
:cry: Sorry no much luck with the pictures.

Could HEUER, please, explain how to do it ..again.
Many thanks in advance.

Thierry