It has to go

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
rodbargee

#1 It has to go

Post by rodbargee » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Hello all, I'm posting this out of a sense of guilt and frustrated disappointment. I will be selling the S2 coupe I bought recently for a couple of reasons.... not withstanding the engine rebuild I initiated which went horribly wrong, see, "Another update" post. Consigning the car never to have its original engine again. But also the terribly frustrating news that an "Enforced career opportunity" as my manager so charmingly put it (I work/worked for ITV Yorkshire). Has necessitated I spring the funds for a different type of investment.....namely equipment I now need to buy.

This is the explanation, and I would like to thank those who have taken time to point me in the right direction with helpful and knowledgeable advice on here. I was enjoying the car and its progress (Apart from the engine disaster)and was looking forward to meeting up at an event. In time I will get another one and as all the best/worst Hollywood actors say I'll be back!

Oh yes, and I will still post and hang around here for some time if you'll put up with me! and don't forget I will still have the remnants of the rebuild the reground crank etc

Thanks once again
Best regards

Adam

(Advert on piston heads soon, feel free to contact me 07774 627593)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Phil
Belgium

Post by Phil » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:57 am

Hello Adam,

I'm sorry for you and understand the frustration/disapointment feeling, but don't feel guilty, there's no reason for it. Your choice is based on what you need to do now.

As you mention, stay with us, stay tuned, keep the passion and be confident one day there will be another E out there for you to enjoy.
Best wishes
Philippe
1972 V12 2+2, Belgium

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:46 am

Adam

Sorry to hear the car has to go but no doubt another will appear as the economic situation comes full circle. Stay around and drop by the Forum when you have time - helps feed the addiction!
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:15 am

Thanks for the kind words, my staus as a petrol head is unaffected by credit crunches....we have one thing to thank ITV for however, we'll all be spending more time in the garage courtesy of what's on/not on the box! I'll link in the advert if it ever appears on Petrol heads, as you may have gathered I'm hardly rushing to dispose of it!

Adam

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic