Page 1 of 1

#1 Guess the hidden car...

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:24 am
by redranch
Anyone recognise this familiar shape? Next time I'm over in the UK I'll try a take a photo without the sheet over it...but to honest there is almost nothing left of the car...p

The new owner is going to restore the car at some stage...but it's a lot of work.

Image

#2

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:28 am
by Echezeaux
Series II coupe ??

#3

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:40 pm
by Phil
mmh probably indeed.
looks like the engine is not there anymore ?
...and two batteries :wink:

#4

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:26 am
by redranch
I'll try and take a few more photos this weekend...

if I remember it needs new tub...the car is actually pretty complete...just not much left of the body work to work with...at least it's not my project and I don't have to work about it :)

#5

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:16 pm
by e-bygum
Can you get enough info. from it to put on xkedata?

#6

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:34 pm
by redranch
I might be able to. But the owner is not great at giving out information on his cars for the internet...something about not trusting the internet :)

I'll try and see what I can find out....p

#7

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:50 am
by redranch
Didn't get a chance for a photo of the car under the tarp, but the answer is a pretty rotten early Series 1 (flat floor) FHC.