Page 1 of 1

#1 Wow, is this really worth ?180,000 - ?220,00k ?

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:45 pm
by Nickleback
At auction tomorrow in Monaco - Mint / Rare series 1.5 1967 XKE.

See: http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23591/lot/136/

& it's history: http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car=1E15099

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

#2

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:37 pm
by mgcjag
Well it does have the vary rare ladies foot rest :lol:

#3

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 pm
by iani
mgcjag wrote:Well it does have the vary rare ladies foot rest :lol:
It's the expired 2014 MOT certificate that excites me.

#4

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:31 pm
by mgcjag
I could send you some of my old ones........one at a time mind you so you dont get too carried away :lol:

#5 Is it worth it.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:19 pm
by cactusman
According to xke data it popped up on eBay numerous times in the $35k to $60k range up to 2013 and then suddenly sold at RM auctions for over $200k!!!!

#6

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:43 am
by Mark Gordon
Interesting. That car is 111 cars after mine and I noticed a couple of "upgrades" that wouldn't be concours correct for a car that is asking for a high concours price. First, the headlights would have been uncovered when this car was delivered. Second, the head should not be painted gold, but left in bare unpolished aluminum. I'm not sure on a third point, but I believe that U.S. delivered cars of that date had white rather than amber turn signals. Mine has the white indicators while a friend who has a car a couple of hundred cars earlier than mine (also U.S. delivered) has amber indicators which he, like I, believes are original.

#7 Is it worth it.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:18 pm
by cactusman
Seemingly not....don't think it sold :D

#8

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 pm
by mark10337
and what is the "ladies footrest"? Never come across that before.

#9

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:02 pm
by Heuer
Footrest was standard in all but the early cars. It reduced the depth of the passenger foot well. More info: viewtopic.php?t=3254&highlight=foot+rest

Image

#10

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:13 pm
by mark10337
I just knew David would have the answer! Thank you. Had never come across this before.

just for info, the link you posted, in that topic you posted the following, the "more info" link in this post is broken.

Passenger toe-board to fit in footwell. Allows those with s"horter legs to brace themselves better because of your driving!
More info: http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... t=footwell

#11 Foot rest

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:56 pm
by djw61
Was the foot rest (toe board) standard with series 1 cars or ony series 2 cars?

#12

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:18 am
by Heuer
The photo I posted was from our S1 4,2 Factory Fit thread from a very original car. It was fitted to all S1 4.2 cars and could obviously be fitted to earlier cars as well. There were LHD and RHD versions. Stan Swann of GB Trimming told me his first job as an apprentice at Jaguar was making the toeboards for which he was paid 1/- (shilling) each on piece work. Stan started at Jaguar in 1965.

#13 Toe board

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:29 pm
by djw61
Great information. As everyone in my family is quite tall, I have little need for a toe board but, if I ever find one in the correct color (red), I may not be able to pass it up as it is a pretty neat accessory.

#14 Re: Toe board

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:44 am
by PeterCrespin
djw61 wrote:Great information. As everyone in my family is quite tall, I have little need for a toe board but, if I ever find one in the correct color (red), I may not be able to pass it up as it is a pretty neat accessory.
Hi, what's your name? Any chance you could put it and your car details in your signature or profile or something?

I've got an as-new red footboard. If you live in the UK I could bring it in July. PM me to arrange if interested.

Pete

#15 Toe board

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:02 pm
by djw61
Apologies. My name is David. I live in New York City and have a black 1966 (born September, 1965) coupe with a red interior. I will try to figure out how to change my signature so that I will no longer forget to sign my name.

#16

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:09 pm
by Sixcarbs
DId it sell? I could not find the results.

#17

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:34 pm
by Heuer

#18

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:41 pm
by Herzeg
Maybe I was brought up on the wrong side of the tracks (in this cast the Northern Line) but I always conjure a different vision of a "ladies footrest"

oo err Missus