#1 Thanks to West Riding Jaguar
Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:11 am
I want to thank the guys at West Riding Jaguar for getting me out of a fix, when my electronic ignition failed at the Donington Historic this month.
I was about to have my E-type recovered by the AA from our hotel car park after it refused to start. I called my friend who was over at the track watching the racing, to tell him that I wouldn't be joining him. He said he'd see if anyone had a set of points and condensor for sale, which might get me going.
He approached Dave at West Riding Jaguar, who were busy with their getting their Mk1s ready for the racing. Dave handed a fully working distibutor to my friend, a spare for one of the racing cars, telling him that would work, and just to post it back when I got home.
Back at the hotel, the young AA mechanic fitted the new dizzy, and the car fired first time.
Big thank-you to WRJ, who are true enthusiasts!
I was about to have my E-type recovered by the AA from our hotel car park after it refused to start. I called my friend who was over at the track watching the racing, to tell him that I wouldn't be joining him. He said he'd see if anyone had a set of points and condensor for sale, which might get me going.
He approached Dave at West Riding Jaguar, who were busy with their getting their Mk1s ready for the racing. Dave handed a fully working distibutor to my friend, a spare for one of the racing cars, telling him that would work, and just to post it back when I got home.
Back at the hotel, the young AA mechanic fitted the new dizzy, and the car fired first time.
Big thank-you to WRJ, who are true enthusiasts!