Hi Everyone
Can anyone recommend a good scratch remover for glass. There are a few annoying scratches on both the E-Type's windscreen and the GT6's door glass which I'd dearly love to be shot of.
Cheers
Alan
Glass scratch removal
-
ALAN COCHRANE
Topic author - Posts: 712
- Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 am
- Location: Fife

#1 Glass scratch removal
Alan Cochrane
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
christopher storey
- Posts: 5698
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: cheshire , england

#2 Re: Glass scratch removal
Years ago I bought a kit ( cannot now remember where from , could have been at a spares day ) which consisted of jeweller's rouge , also some fine white abrasive - which I think was just a finer grade of jeweller's abrasive , probably cerium oxide - which one mixed to a paste with water , and a pad made of some fibrous material which fitted a drill, and I used it to polish out some scratches in the rear window of my FHC . It was very successful, but I would give one warning - unless the scratches are very light indeed, the amount of polishing needed does alter slightly the optical quality of the glass
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3 Re: Glass scratch removal
Frost Restoration Equipment http://www.frost.co.uk/search/?p=3&q=gl ... ch+remover have a kit for £17.95. I've used it with great success to polish out a scratch cause by a broken windscreen wiper. You do have to take your time and keep the screen cool and wet during the process.
Bob
V12 2+2
V12 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
ALAN COCHRANE
Topic author - Posts: 712
- Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 am
- Location: Fife

#4 Re: Glass scratch removal
Gents
Thanks for the reply. I've checked the Frost website and Amazon but the scratch removal kit is currently out of stock. I'll check back regularly though.
Cheers
Alan
Thanks for the reply. I've checked the Frost website and Amazon but the scratch removal kit is currently out of stock. I'll check back regularly though.
Cheers
Alan
Alan Cochrane
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5 Re: Glass scratch removal
Hi Alan.....Someone i know from another forum had great sucsess with this kit.....
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
mystery type
- Posts: 950
- Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:46 am
- Location: lancashire

#6 Re: Glass scratch removal
Lots on ebayscratch removal kit is currently out of stock
Paul 1967 S1 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


