Page 1 of 1

#1 Looking for a workshop in cheshire

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:21 pm
by Zei220
Hello,

I'm looking for a competent workshop who can replace the clutch, fit new oil seal to gearbox tail, supply and fit upgrade to front brakes. Any recommendations in the sandbach/ crewe area would be good, but if it has to travel so be it. :swerve:


Thanks,
Dave

#2 Re: Looking for a workshop in cheshire

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:25 pm
by Heuer
CMC in Bridgnorth, Shropshire?
Ken Verity in Rotherham?

#3 Re: Looking for a workshop in cheshire

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:08 pm
by christopher storey
Not too far from you is Andy Lee who operates from Farm buildings in Audley, and deals with a wide range of cars. Although much of his earlier time was spent on Astons, he is well familiar with Jaguars including both XKs and E types. The only snag is that, like most recommendable people, he is very busy. If you are interested I will get you his number

#4 Re: Looking for a workshop in cheshire

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:33 pm
by Zei220
Christopher, you have a PM.

Thanks

#5 Re: Looking for a workshop in cheshire

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:49 am
by christopher storey
Dave : PM not received as of 7.48 am Wednesday

#6 Re: Looking for a workshop in cheshire

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:00 am
by judgedamo
Dave

I'd be very interested to know how you get on please.

Thanks

Damien

#7 Re: Looking for a workshop in cheshire

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:21 pm
by Zei220
Christopher, you have PM.
Regards,
Dave

#8 Re: Looking for a workshop in cheshire

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:46 pm
by Zei220
After much delay, I've just taken the car back because the guy doesn't have the time to do the clutch...

Very disappointed, but it is my own fault, I should have been more forceful when asking for a completion date. It was only at his garage for 3months.....

#9 Re: Looking for a workshop in cheshire

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:30 am
by 288gto
Dave,

I have not used him personally but know people who have and successfully.

Near Knutsford.

http://www.trevorfarrington.co.uk

Simon