CMC all change?
#1 CMC all change?
I had heard that Peter Neumark had signed the company over to the employees, but have just heard that two of the old senior guard have left surprisingly. Nick Goldthorp and Tim Griffin. Not sure who that leaves there with the knowledge of the business?
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
richard btype
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:43 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire

#2 Re: CMC all change?
Andrew
I understand your curiosity and it played on my mind for a while, (not that I had personal experience of them prior to the change over) but did have a couple of projects with them - one the upholstery of my BMW M3 road car and presently panel correction and painting of my BMW M3 race car and the E type is in the wings for 2017.
Clearly this structure has been in the planning for a while with the move into their superb new premises (just across the road).
From an observational perspective the strong value basis is imprinted in their DNA which can only come (in my view) from the very top and customer service is second to none. I feel they have wisely taken a perspective that young blood is essential to future continuance (they have opened a training centre) and if the skills are passed down, rate that as a wholly integrated plan of the best kind.
There are familiar faces and each department has it's own responsible person, I've observed Luke (their metal magician) on the seminar days and in reality he is a metal artist and he has taken a role as the workshop/management interface. Andrew Turvey is busy in the engine shop.
Tempus fugit marches on and a company can never stand still, this feels to me like a development that is the most logical possible, provided they keep to their philosophy and the skills do not lessen I believe their future is very bright for such a change to be successful requires an enormous amount of skill to manage well. Fingers crossed they do, for their standard of work is truly a joy to observe and of great importance is that they genuinely seem to enjoy what they do and that in itself is massively important.
I have no vested interest save that as a self satisfying customer (I collected my upholstered seats at 10am this morning) in that I hope they continue to thrive so their skills enable me to achieve the standard of restoration works which give me the fit and finish with the minimal of stress with which to enjoy the finished product.

I understand your curiosity and it played on my mind for a while, (not that I had personal experience of them prior to the change over) but did have a couple of projects with them - one the upholstery of my BMW M3 road car and presently panel correction and painting of my BMW M3 race car and the E type is in the wings for 2017.
Clearly this structure has been in the planning for a while with the move into their superb new premises (just across the road).
From an observational perspective the strong value basis is imprinted in their DNA which can only come (in my view) from the very top and customer service is second to none. I feel they have wisely taken a perspective that young blood is essential to future continuance (they have opened a training centre) and if the skills are passed down, rate that as a wholly integrated plan of the best kind.
There are familiar faces and each department has it's own responsible person, I've observed Luke (their metal magician) on the seminar days and in reality he is a metal artist and he has taken a role as the workshop/management interface. Andrew Turvey is busy in the engine shop.
Tempus fugit marches on and a company can never stand still, this feels to me like a development that is the most logical possible, provided they keep to their philosophy and the skills do not lessen I believe their future is very bright for such a change to be successful requires an enormous amount of skill to manage well. Fingers crossed they do, for their standard of work is truly a joy to observe and of great importance is that they genuinely seem to enjoy what they do and that in itself is massively important.
I have no vested interest save that as a self satisfying customer (I collected my upholstered seats at 10am this morning) in that I hope they continue to thrive so their skills enable me to achieve the standard of restoration works which give me the fit and finish with the minimal of stress with which to enjoy the finished product.
3.8 FHC Chassis no: 860403
DOM - 11th April 1962
Also
4.2 FHC Chassis no: 1E32173
DOM - 12th December 1965
DOM - 11th April 1962
Also
4.2 FHC Chassis no: 1E32173
DOM - 12th December 1965
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
richard btype
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:43 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire

#3 Re: CMC all change?
Andrew
I understand your curiosity and it played on my mind for a while, (not that I had personal experience of them prior to the change over) but did have a couple of projects with them - one the upholstery of my BMW M3 road car and presently panel correction and painting of my BMW M3 race car and the E type is in the wings for 2017.
Clearly this structure has been in the planning for a while with the move into their superb new premises (just across the road).
From an observational perspective the strong value basis is imprinted in their DNA which can only come (in my view) from the very top and customer service is second to none. I feel they have wisely taken a perspective that young blood is essential to future continuance (they have opened a training centre) and if the skills are passed down, rate that as a wholly integrated plan of the best kind.
There are familiar faces and each department has it's own responsible person, I've observed Luke (their metal magician) on the seminar days and in reality he is a metal artist and he has taken a role as the workshop/management interface. Andrew Turvey is busy in the engine shop.
Tempus fugit marches on and a company can never stand still, this feels to me like a development that is the most logical possible, provided they keep to their philosophy and the skills do not lessen I believe their future is very bright for such a change to be successful requires an enormous amount of skill to manage well. Fingers crossed they do, for their standard of work is truly a joy to observe and of great importance is that they genuinely seem to enjoy what they do and that in itself is massively important.
I have no vested interest save that as a self satisfying customer (I collected my upholstered seats at 10am this morning) in that I hope they continue to thrive so their skills enable me to achieve the standard of restoration works which give me the fit and finish with the minimal of stress with which to enjoy the finished product.

I understand your curiosity and it played on my mind for a while, (not that I had personal experience of them prior to the change over) but did have a couple of projects with them - one the upholstery of my BMW M3 road car and presently panel correction and painting of my BMW M3 race car and the E type is in the wings for 2017.
Clearly this structure has been in the planning for a while with the move into their superb new premises (just across the road).
From an observational perspective the strong value basis is imprinted in their DNA which can only come (in my view) from the very top and customer service is second to none. I feel they have wisely taken a perspective that young blood is essential to future continuance (they have opened a training centre) and if the skills are passed down, rate that as a wholly integrated plan of the best kind.
There are familiar faces and each department has it's own responsible person, I've observed Luke (their metal magician) on the seminar days and in reality he is a metal artist and he has taken a role as the workshop/management interface. Andrew Turvey is busy in the engine shop.
Tempus fugit marches on and a company can never stand still, this feels to me like a development that is the most logical possible, provided they keep to their philosophy and the skills do not lessen I believe their future is very bright for such a change to be successful requires an enormous amount of skill to manage well. Fingers crossed they do, for their standard of work is truly a joy to observe and of great importance is that they genuinely seem to enjoy what they do and that in itself is massively important.
I have no vested interest save that as a self satisfying customer (I collected my upholstered seats at 10am this morning) in that I hope they continue to thrive so their skills enable me to achieve the standard of restoration works which give me the fit and finish with the minimal of stress with which to enjoy the finished product.
3.8 FHC Chassis no: 860403
DOM - 11th April 1962
Also
4.2 FHC Chassis no: 1E32173
DOM - 12th December 1965
DOM - 11th April 1962
Also
4.2 FHC Chassis no: 1E32173
DOM - 12th December 1965
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4 Re: CMC all change?
thanks Richard. Yes I was interested as they were the two names I had had contact with and just wondered how it was all going to pan out.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



