Millboard

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
Stevejaguar
Great Britain

#1 Millboard

Post by Stevejaguar » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Series 1 2+2.
Hi, I have some 2.5mm millboard to make the pieces of trim that run from the rear window down the side of the car into the boot area. Any thoughts about which side ( black or grey) I should have against the bodywork and which side to glue the foam and vinyl onto?
When I removed the originals I noticed that there were some score lines between the trim clip holes presumably to give flexibility to the boards when originally fitted. Has anyone else seen this ?

Steve

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Javelin
Great Britain

#2 Re: Millboard

Post by Javelin » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:15 pm

Can't comment on the black/grey side, memory is shot! but scoring to aid flexing, yes! Use a retractable blade knife so you have more control over how deep you cut and keep an even pressure, you can always cut deeper again if it does not flex enough. How you getting on with the headlining Steve?
Steve
Technical Adviser to a :bigrin:
S1 2+2 4.2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Stevejaguar
Great Britain

#3 Re: Millboard

Post by Stevejaguar » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:49 pm

Thanks Steve, I think scoring is how the fitters at Jaguar did it.
Headlining is here still boxed up. I am trying to get the cantrails to fit at the dashboard ends. They were never a good fit, no that's not true, they didn't fit at all since I bought the car in 1997.
How are you getting on with yours?
Steve

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Javelin
Great Britain

#4 Re: Millboard

Post by Javelin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:50 pm

Hmmm Holiday mode kicked in! Barrie went touring in the T5 that he hates and I towed my van down south for a few weeks, so stuff came to a halt, but we are getting moving again now, off to Huttsons? to pick up a few bits and I may have found somone to commision the engine. I really should put some photos up.
Steve
Technical Adviser to a :bigrin:
S1 2+2 4.2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic