Hello all,
surprisingly enough, I was enable to find an updated answer to a simple question: what oil should I use for my all synchro Jaguar series 1 gearbox?
In some old posts I found references to oils that are NLA, hence my question today.
Thank you for your insights.
Philippe
What oil for my gearbox today?
-
Philippe-J.
Topic author - Posts: 276
- Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:14 pm
- Location: Occitanie

#2 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?
Service manual ....4 syncro section....EP90....Steve..Ps one of many gear oil posts viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19749&p=160629&hilit=Mt90#p160629
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Philippe-J.
Topic author - Posts: 276
- Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:14 pm
- Location: Occitanie

#3 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?
Thank you Steve, and sorry for being so inefficient at searching in the previous posts.
I'll order Redline MT90 as it is advised by Andrew.
Philippe
I'll order Redline MT90 as it is advised by Andrew.
Philippe
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?
The service manual should be your go to reference....EP90.....some find MT90 better?....some find the gearbox leaks more with it....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?
MT90 is a fantastic slick oil for the gearbox, used it for years without any problems..highly recommend
Previously...S1 OTS E type (sold)
S1 2+2 manual. (Sold)
S2 rhd OTS full resto finished 8/23
S1 3.8 coupe (full restoration now sold)
S1 2+2 manual. (Sold)
S2 rhd OTS full resto finished 8/23
S1 3.8 coupe (full restoration now sold)
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Philippe-J.
Topic author - Posts: 276
- Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:14 pm
- Location: Occitanie

#6 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?
I'll tell you my observations... when I drive the car, which is not tomorrow.
My next step is to start the engine, but I need oil in the gear box for that. Hence my question.
Thanks for your help
My next step is to start the engine, but I need oil in the gear box for that. Hence my question.
Thanks for your help
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



