hot or cold !

Technical advice Q&A

attwood
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: zuid limburg NL

#21

Post by attwood » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Guys,

I've been rechecking everything and I'm afraid I have a confession to make. I measured the gaps in inches because that's what my feeler gauges are and the shims in mm because that's what my micrometer speaks.

I them calculated back to inches for ordering purposes and apparently multiplied instead of dividing.

Having now done it properly, the shims I need are between 93 and 99.5.

The only thing I can say in my defence is that my Maths 'O' level was a very long time ago.

Be gentle with me.
Dave Attwood, Series 2 OTS
South Limburg, NL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


1954Etype
Moderator
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm
Contact:
Great Britain

#22

Post by 1954Etype » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 pm

You are forgiven my son. First beer is on you at Spa this year though!
Angus 67 FHC 1E33656
61 OTS 875047

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic