Piston ring manufacturers / suppliers
-
chrisallen01
Topic author - Posts: 60
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:01 pm
- Location: United Kingdom

#1 Piston ring manufacturers / suppliers
I'm currently rebuilding a fairly low mileage S2 4.2 engine. The liners and pistons show negligible wear but show some marking on the liners where the engine stood still for some time. The ring gaps in the middle of the liner are about 25thou (should be 15), so I'm having the block very lightly honed and will fit new rings. The question is which are the best piston rings to use? I've seen some comments regarding not using chromed top rings as they require a specific honing process, but the costs of a set of rings from the usual suppliers seem to vary from about GBP65 to over 140. Any and all opinions will be much appreciated.

Chris
69 S2 FHC OEW P1R27068
Oxford UK
69 S2 FHC OEW P1R27068
Oxford UK
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


