FHC Waxing Chart Request

Technical advice Q&A
User avatar

Topic author
politeperson
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:26 pm
Location: Boston UK
Great Britain

#1 FHC Waxing Chart Request

Post by politeperson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:36 am

I feel guilty I haven't ever coated my inner box sections on my S2 FHC. It has no rust and has never been restored being a West coast car originally.

When I did the RHD conversion and replaced the heater pipes I got a good look inside the bulkhead void. I is in lovely condition with the original primer, spurge of silver top coat where the seams meet. I want to try and keep it all that way!

I want to get right in there and also the sills/wheel arched/chassis legs/boot floor/tailgate structure with rust proofing wax before the terror gets hold.

Anyone got a pdf waxing chart?, or an article on rustproofing please?

I am looking for the existing injection points for the probe and the correct points to drill.

I know the hole for the sills has to be drilled in just the right spot otherwise the probe will encounter obstructions.

I have already done my door bottoms, being careful not to fill the drain holes!

I have all the gear to spray at whatever psi.

Any one know about this please?
Finishing off an S1 roadster

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

mgcjag
Moderator
Posts: 9211
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: Ludlow Shropshire
Great Britain

#2 Re: FHC Waxing Chart Request

Post by mgcjag » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:06 am

Have a look here...viewtopic.php?t=2789
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
politeperson
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:26 pm
Location: Boston UK
Great Britain

#3 Re: FHC Waxing Chart Request

Post by politeperson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Perfect, Thanks Steve.
Finishing off an S1 roadster

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic