Installing a pre-oiler has been a dream of mine for the 41 years I've owned my baby. After reading the forums of a diesel enthusiast's site, I ordered a Flojet 2100 agricultural pump (
http://store.waterpumpsupply.com/fldepu21260p.html ). These folks plumb them into their oil systems with great success. The advantage over the other pre-oiler offerings is that it can't lose pressure over the l-o-o-o-o-ng and c-c-c-cold Canadian winter, it weighs less and costs less. My intention is to use a 'T' from the oil return line for supply and pump it into one of the oil gallery holes on the side of the block. I intend on installing a simple mesh filter before the pump and a one way valve at the outlet of the pump.
I invite comments (or raspberries). My only question is whether this will interfere with normal oil flow when the engine is running. I don't see how since the supply side (the oil return line) is unpressurized.
Thanks folks.
By the way, I was a longtime member of the American Jag-Lovers forum but drifted over here when I discovered that you folks are much more 'techy'. As a 41 year veteran of the RCAF

(I was an aircraft tech) I really like that.