Page 1 of 1
#1 Strange steering rack.
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:45 pm
by tim wood
Hi, I have started to dismantle my second hand rack having found some play in the passenger end. On taking it apart it doesn't look like any of the pictures and diagrams I've seen to date. I can't see where the bronze bush would fit.
Anyone seen one like this?

#2 Re: Strange steering rack.
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:26 pm
by abowie
Doesn't look like any rack I've seen. Could it be a home made jobbie?
#3 Re: Strange steering rack.
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:14 pm
by E600
Hi
Possibly someone has made a replacement for the bronze bush if I could see the pinion side of the rack it would help determine if it were genuine E Type as new replacements were being sold which were based on MGB units. Obvious differences in the pinion area and the ratio.
Regards
Pat