#1 Gearbox..To Overhaul or not Overhaul?
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:28 pm
Evening all,
I've bought a MKII Gearbox with the Laycock Overdrive. I bought it from a Jag breaker that came recommended by a number on this forum, but I think I need to get it at least looked at at worst completely overhauled.
On the one hand there's the argument that getting a complete overhaul of the box may well require parts to be replaced. I've read a number of threads where the quality of replacement parts has been identified as problem so this route maybe not such a good idea.
On the other hand putting a gearbox in that is an unknown quantity is also not such a good idea. I plan to have "overdrive repair services" take a look at the overdrive itself.
Be interested to hear what others have done i this situation.
Regards
Kevin
I've bought a MKII Gearbox with the Laycock Overdrive. I bought it from a Jag breaker that came recommended by a number on this forum, but I think I need to get it at least looked at at worst completely overhauled.
On the one hand there's the argument that getting a complete overhaul of the box may well require parts to be replaced. I've read a number of threads where the quality of replacement parts has been identified as problem so this route maybe not such a good idea.
On the other hand putting a gearbox in that is an unknown quantity is also not such a good idea. I plan to have "overdrive repair services" take a look at the overdrive itself.
Be interested to hear what others have done i this situation.
Regards
Kevin