Hi EVeryone
Does anyone know if there is a specific torque setting for the large bolt that attaches the harmonic damper and pulley to the crankshaft? I’ve searched through the relevant section in the workshop manual without success.
Is it a case of just tightening it as much as you possibly can?
Cheers
Alan
Crankshaft damper bolt
-
ALAN COCHRANE
Topic author - Posts: 712
- Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 am
- Location: Fife

#1 Crankshaft damper bolt
Alan Cochrane
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
christopher storey
- Posts: 5698
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: cheshire , england

#2 Re: Crankshaft damper bolt
I am not sure where I get this figure from ( except that it is a fairly usual figure for a bolt of this size) but 140 lb-ft comes to mind
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
flatfloor 3.8
- Posts: 216
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:35 pm
- Location: Thorpe Bay Essex UK

-
ALAN COCHRANE
Topic author - Posts: 712
- Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 am
- Location: Fife

#4 Re: Crankshaft damper bolt
Thanks Christopher.
I only have a very large Britool ring spanner that will fit. So I'm sure that after locking the rear crank boss with a spanner and tightening the bolt with said very large spanner I will have tightened it to about 140lbft. In any event the locking ring should stop it coming loose (hopefully!).
Cheers
Alan
I only have a very large Britool ring spanner that will fit. So I'm sure that after locking the rear crank boss with a spanner and tightening the bolt with said very large spanner I will have tightened it to about 140lbft. In any event the locking ring should stop it coming loose (hopefully!).
Cheers
Alan
Alan Cochrane
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5 Re: Crankshaft damper bolt
I use 120lbft.christopher storey wrote: ↑Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 pmI am not sure where I get this figure from ( except that it is a fairly usual figure for a bolt of this size) but 140 lb-ft comes to mind
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



