Page 1 of 1

#1 Rear door lock

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am
by MLBS3V12
Hi there,


I've dismantle the lock to replate the parts from the rear door lock.
I need some help to put together again all the bits. It is the one where the cable is connected. The one which includes the quite big double spring..... :seeingstars:
Here is the problem, this spring...

Does someone has a solution to keep it in place while the screws are placed and tight ? :banghead:

#2 Re: Rear door lock

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm
by Polse7317
What is your car ?

#3 Re: Rear door lock

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:43 pm
by wilkinsi
I don't know if you have solved this problem already but having recently re-assembled my lock mechanism after zinc plating it is just a matter of keeping the coiled section of the springs hard against the inside of the casing whilst getting the 2 lever sections into place.
I also thought it was almost impossible but with a bit of perseverance it will go back.

Cheers
Ian Wilkins
Melbourne, Australia