Page 1 of 1

#1 Length of Bolts N10-32 UNF

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 pm
by Durango2k
Hi all,

I asked Robey‘s for the correct bolts for the black headlamp bowls. Steve from MR kindly answered, he wrote it is N10 UNF.

Now, I can only guess that it means N10-32 UNF ?

If, then I found them on ebay germany:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Sechskantschrau ... 6288b77390

They offer them in 3/8 length or 5/8 length. Which is correct ? (I can measure correct depth later if no one knows it).

Is a 6-flat (hexa) head fine ? Didn‘t they come “slotted“ ?

Carsten

#2 Re: Length of Bolts N10-32 UNF

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:58 pm
by 288gto
Hi Carsten,

Do you mean the ones that fix the bowl to the car or the adjusters?

http://xks.com/i-23896652-screw-kit-hea ... -1603.html

Or

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2280889343

Pics of both and both available in the links above.

If it's just the fixings, try searching for "10-32 unf slot head screws" or "10-32 unf pan head"

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1406299683


Simon

#3 Re: Length of Bolts N10-32 UNF

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:42 am
by Durango2k
Hi Simon,

It is just the fixings. I bought adjusters from SNG just to find mine on the day the new ones arrived. Maybe send them back to SNG to get 10 E back, together with some other „double“ or „wrong items“.

Many thanks for the links, the XKS item is certainly correct and looks better then the ebay ones, but I keep searching.

Do you have a name for these springs to allow me googling them as well ?

Image

Image

I believe that with the plastic inserts shown in your link above (lucas adjuster kit for classic mini etc) the bolts do not moove due to the grip the plastic nuts can give. My bowls both are fitted with original nuts and stainless cages...so I need the springs.

I thought I might otherwise buy „spring wire“ from ebay and bend me some myself...

Carsten