Page 1 of 1
#1 Crankshaft damper bolt
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:24 pm
by ALAN COCHRANE
Hi EVeryone
Does anyone know if there is a specific torque setting for the large bolt that attaches the harmonic damper and pulley to the crankshaft? I’ve searched through the relevant section in the workshop manual without success.
Is it a case of just tightening it as much as you possibly can?
Cheers
Alan
#2 Re: Crankshaft damper bolt
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 pm
by christopher storey
I am not sure where I get this figure from ( except that it is a fairly usual figure for a bolt of this size) but 140 lb-ft comes to mind
#3 Re: Crankshaft damper bolt
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:00 pm
by flatfloor 3.8
F T !!
#4 Re: Crankshaft damper bolt
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 pm
by ALAN COCHRANE
Thanks Christopher.
I only have a very large Britool ring spanner that will fit. So I'm sure that after locking the rear crank boss with a spanner and tightening the bolt with said very large spanner I will have tightened it to about 140lbft. In any event the locking ring should stop it coming loose (hopefully!).
Cheers
Alan
#5 Re: Crankshaft damper bolt
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 pm
by abowie
christopher storey wrote: ↑Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 pm
I am not sure where I get this figure from ( except that it is a fairly usual figure for a bolt of this size) but 140 lb-ft comes to mind
I use 120lbft.