Page 1 of 1

#1 Rear hub carrier damaged

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:51 am
by juicerider
Hi
So while I had the irs off the car I gave it a clean up and I can’t beleive I never noticed the damage on the hub carrier before, It looks like at some time the wheel has fallen off and the car has skidded along the road wearing out the bottom.
What I’d like to know, is the hub carrier on the S2 e type common to any other jags with an irs or do I have to look specifically for one from an e type?


Thanks
Steve
Image

#2 Re: Rear hub carrier damaged

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:35 am
by juicerider
I would also be keen to know peoples opinions on whether to replace, repair or leave alone.
Cheers
Steve

#3 Re: Rear hub carrier damaged

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:47 am
by abowie
That's rooted.
Get another one.
I'll ask around here (Adelaide) and see if anyone's got one.

#4 Re: Rear hub carrier damaged

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:16 am
by jag68
I've wrecked a few older sedans XJ6, 12's, and S Types and IMO the aluminum hub carriers are interchangeable among the cars that used this suspension, although they may have a slightly different appearance from model to model that centers around the shape of the bell end - that is the inner top end of the carrier. The actual hubs are the same and every carrier will accept either a bolt on or wire wheel hub.

Terry Sturgeon

#5 Re: Rear hub carrier damaged

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:46 am
by lowact
According to SNGB website the part no. for S1 & S2 e's is C26701, is different to the C26699 part no. listed for S3 e's and all series of xj sedans. Is also twice as expensive!

#6 Re: Rear hub carrier damaged

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:16 am
by angelw
Colin Wrote:
According to SNGB website the part no. for S1 & S2 e's is C26701, is different to the C26699 part no. listed for S3 e's and all series of xj sedans. Is also twice as expensive!
Hello Colin,
The important dimensions are the same, the main difference between the S1/S2 and S3 units is the flat faced lugs shown in the following picture of an S3 Hub Carrier. These make for an easier setup when pressing the Hubs from the Hub Carrier.

Image

Regards,

Bill

#7 Re: Rear hub carrier damaged

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:51 am
by chrisfell
juicerider wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:35 am
I would also be keen to know peoples opinions on whether to replace, repair or leave alone.
Cheers
Steve
As an aside, it might be worthwhile checking if the cause of a wheel coming off is still there....
Check to see if the hub is correct for that side of the car. If fitted to the wrong side the wheel nut will undo itself.

#8 Re: Rear hub carrier damaged

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:54 pm
by Robbiee
I’d be inclined to find a matching pair if possible..I did see the odd one at Stoneleigh yesterday
I know that Denis Welch Motorsport in Yoxall in Staffordshire the U.K. make these but I’m not sure if they just do the slimmer series 1 carriers.
Google the name
Good luck

#9 Re: Rear hub carrier damaged

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:27 am
by abowie
Managed to find one digging through the shed. $100 plus postage.
PM me if you want to see some photos.