Page 1 of 1
#1 Another tyre post... Pirelli 205/70R15 91V Amazon
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 pm
by JD-JAG66
I bought a brake bleeder from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, and since then they send me daily mails with offers...
One of these was actually interesting, because it was for a price discount on a Pirelli 205/70/R15 91V
Considering that the price 90€ - 80£ is far below the usual price for 205/70/R15, am I overlooking something?
These can legally be fitted to an E Type, right?
Does anybody have any experience with these?
Have a great day everybody.
Jan
#2 Re: Another tyre post... Pirelli 205/70R15 91V Amazon
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:55 pm
by Series1 Stu
A bargain. Or they could be counterfeit.
Take care.
Regards
#3 Re: Another tyre post... Pirelli 205/70R15 91V Amazon
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 am
by JD-JAG66
I digged a bit deaper and it turns out they are developed for SUV's. Pirelli Scorpion.
Guess I will give them a try.
Jan
#4 Re: Another tyre post... Pirelli 205/70R15 91V Amazon
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:18 am
by MarkRado
Googled, only found "all season" with H speed rating (up to 210).
Based on my tyre experience I dont think that they suit an Etype standard suspension under normal driving conditions;
Moreover you obviously have or need wheels which are wider than standard 5'', which -regarding to several forum threads- seems to be a story on its own.
But the price is tempting.
#5 Re: Another tyre post... Pirelli 205/70R15 91V Amazon
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:56 pm
by cactusman
Well my view would be that the tyres are a safety critical component. What ever is fitted should be suitable for use on an e type. They are what keeps you on the road. If in any doubt don't fit. Trying to save a few quid on dodgy tyres may prove extremely costly in the long run.....don't risk it I say...
#6 Re: Another tyre post... Pirelli 205/70R15 91V Amazon
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:03 pm
by JD-JAG66
I could also find only H rated tyres when using google.
The link that amazon send me does show V rated tyres. I copied it in my first post but it didn't show.
When I inserted "pirelli scorpion 205/70r15 91v" on amazon it did bring me to the described tyre.
If it is good enough for a 2 ton SUV going at 150mph/240kph, it will probably be fine on an E type in which I will never ever reach that speed...probably.
At the moment I have 4 old pirelli 205/70R15 95V which came on the used wire wheels, which I had powder coated.
But they have a 3 letter date stamp showing they were made in 1999. So definitely need some new ones.
Thanks for the advice everybody.
Jan
#7 Re: Another tyre post... Pirelli 205/70R15 91V Amazon
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:20 am
by christopher storey
They will make the car feel like driving a lorry, and it will steer like a pig .Apart from that , and possible wheelarch fouling, I am sure they will be wonderful