Series 1.5 seats

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
Tricky1.5
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 am
Australia

#1 Series 1.5 seats

Post by Tricky1.5 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Help......
I have turned my attention to the interior as I wait patiently on my body work to be completed.
The seats have been completely disassembled. I have no idea how they go together other than two piles marked left and right.
If anyone had the forethought to take photos of the disassembly process or are assembling seats at the moment I would very much appreciate some photos.
Cheers,
Richard
1968 series 1.5 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

chrisfell
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 am
Location: Salisbury
St Lucia

#2 Re: Series 1.5 seats

Post by chrisfell » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:57 pm

I’d leave them in bits. I did leave mine in bits.

Go to a wrecker and find a pair of MX5 seats, early style with the separate head rests. Then take these seats to a trimmer, and select the leather to match your new interior. You’ll need to fabricate a pair of mounts to attach the seat bases to the E-Type runners, see the archives for how others have done this. Keep the original seats or sell them.
Chris '67 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Richardhealey
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Location: Berkhamsted
Great Britain

#3 Re: Series 1.5 seats

Post by Richardhealey » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:56 am

Fosseway do what looks like a nice MX5 seat conversion kit:
http://www.fossewayperformance.co.uk/e- ... apter-kit/
£79+ vat

Cheers,Rich
1969 series 2, 2+2... going for a full rebuild.. Gulp...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

mgcjag
Moderator
Posts: 9226
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: Ludlow Shropshire
Great Britain

#4 Re: Series 1.5 seats

Post by mgcjag » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi Richard...photos of my S2 seats..should help..have more if needed
Image


Image


Image
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
Tricky1.5
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 am
Australia

#5 Re: Series 1.5 seats

Post by Tricky1.5 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Thanks for the pictures. Very helpful. It looks like I’m missing the large springs on the side,it’s not easy when your not the one who took it apart :shrug:
It’s a bit of a pain but I’ll stick with the original seats
Cheers
1968 series 1.5 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

abowie
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 pm
Location: Australia
Australia

#6 Re: Series 1.5 seats

Post by abowie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:27 pm

I don't think yours has the big springs.

I'll give you a call.
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


MikeBurton49
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:00 pm
Great Britain

#7 Re: Series 1.5 seats

Post by MikeBurton49 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:59 am

I changed my seats for re upholstered MX5 seats, made it far more enjoyable to drive as the comfort level has gone up, also fitted a removable steering wheel - now no problem getting in or out

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic