#1 Brake issue
Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:54 pm
Hello everybody!
I have just restored the master and servo cylinder on my 1966 4.2 fhc. The problem now seems to be that the fluid have some return issues. With engine off at first there are perfect pedal preassure but slowly when pumping the pedat it builds up brake preassure. If I then start the engine it only takes 1 pedal movement to become totally stiff and I have to loosen a pipe to unleach the fluid to let off the preassure. So My theory is that something is wrongly assembled in the master cylinder. I just wanted to see if someone have experienced something similar?
Greatful for any help
Regards Johan
I have just restored the master and servo cylinder on my 1966 4.2 fhc. The problem now seems to be that the fluid have some return issues. With engine off at first there are perfect pedal preassure but slowly when pumping the pedat it builds up brake preassure. If I then start the engine it only takes 1 pedal movement to become totally stiff and I have to loosen a pipe to unleach the fluid to let off the preassure. So My theory is that something is wrongly assembled in the master cylinder. I just wanted to see if someone have experienced something similar?
Greatful for any help
Regards Johan