Page 1 of 1

#1 wire wheel rim band

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:55 pm
by MarkRado
Hi all,

having experienced 3 flat tyres in the last weeks (none in 30 years before), I am going to have the rim bands (and remaining tubes) of my wire wheels renewed. I have ordered the bands from MWS. To my surprise they look rather crude, nothing like the "endless" Dunlop original
Image
Especially the seam is rather sharp edged and makes me think, if this might damadge the tube.
What kind of products did you use, any experience?
Thank you

#2 Re: wire wheel rim band

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:03 am
by 42south
Hi Mark
Another option I used is black PVC tape, about 50 mm wide, which can be applied in a nice smooth liner.
I did have trouble with finding the right size tubes down here in NZ
Cheers
Mark