Page 1 of 1

#1 Need a help

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:39 pm
by MaxP
Hi!

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me where I could source a complete correct exhaust system and a windscreen for my S2 1971 FHC E Type. The closer to Sydney the better!

Thank you.

#2 Re: Need a help

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:57 pm
by mgcjag
Try SNGB.....please give more details....Why Sydney.....this isnt where your IP is located....so i suspect possible Spam....but please correct me...Steve

#3 Re: Need a help

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm
by abowie
Hi Max. I'm in Adelaide.

Complete Windscreens do all of our glass work and seem able to source correct windscreens.

I buy most of my parts from either Barratts or David Manners in England, and occasionally from XKs Unlimited in the US. If you choose to buy parts in Australia from Spiteri, Roddy, Jag Daim etc they source the same parts from the same places and charge you a premium for on-selling to you.

In my opinion the best bang for your buck is to buy a Bell stainless system from SNG Barratts. Even with air freight you land it for around a grand. Getting a mild steel system made in Adelaide costs more than that.

They do 3 for your car; standard, sports and big bore. I usually go for the sports as they have straight through silencers and give a nice noise. I had a standard on my S1.5 FHC and it was actually a bit quiet. The big bore is much more expensive and doesn't actually provide you much benefit.

https://www.sngbarratt.com/uk/#!/Englis ... 13fb29af79

You reuse the 2 square flanges that bolt to the downpipes. Order their fitting kit as well.

#4 Re: Need a help

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:04 am
by Tom W
Jaguar Land Rover Classic make the correct, original spec, mild steel exhaust.