Page 1 of 1

#1 4 speed all syncro gear box

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:57 am
by C Kyte
Hi all,
I am putting new bearings etc in my all syncro gear box. I dismantled the syncro assembly and didn't note where short and long springs fit in syncro hub. In my manual, it doesn't tell where short or long spring fits. Can someone help me identify where each spring goes in syncro hub.

Thanks Chris.

#2 Re: 4 speed all syncro gear box

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:22 am
by grimes6
Hi Chris,
If you look at the diagram on the barratt site , you can look at the images of c27491 and c24181. The c24181 (goes under the detent ball) looks a heavier spring . This is only an opinion but I am sure someone will be able to prove or disprove this theory .

Regards,
Greg

#3 Re: 4 speed all syncro gear box

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:34 am
by grimes6
c27491

Image

c24181
Image

#4 Re: 4 speed all syncro gear box

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:42 pm
by C Kyte
Thanks I will have a look at there site.

Chris

#5 Re: 4 speed all syncro gear box

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:43 am
by angelw
Hello Chris,
I can confirm that the shorter, heavier spring goes with the ball bearing.

Regards,

Bill