My car had an engine overhaul (before my ownership) in 2003 which was only 8,000 miles ago.
I understand from internet search that VSE no longer trade. One invoice says the engine was overhauled to VS02 Specification
But I am none the wiser as I do not know what that means. I assume it was one of a range of overhaul options - and I am posting here in case someone reading this has had a VSE VS02 Overhaul and can enlighten me as to what it may have comprised of?
From notes written I think cams were changed for new profiles.
Anyway, any information gratefully received, as always !
Thank you[highlight=][/highlight]
Any info on what spec a VSE VS02 engine overhaul was?
-
kevhillyer
Topic author - Posts: 25
- Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:43 pm
- Location: Chichester, W Sussex

#1 Any info on what spec a VSE VS02 engine overhaul was?
Kevin
1970 S2 2+2 Manual
1970 S2 2+2 Manual
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2 Re: Any info on what spec a VSE VS02 engine overhaul was?
I’ve sold that particular car now but I had a VS02 engine. Whilst in my ownership.
It was a very strong unit and I miss it.
Spec as far as I can recall was :
9.1 compression
Special cams L14. I think ( detail in the knowledge base)
Ported and polished head
Lightened flywheel
Endless chains
Bigger valves
Fully balanced
Other specs were available, maybe use the search function
Pulled like a train right through the range.
.
It was a very strong unit and I miss it.
Spec as far as I can recall was :
9.1 compression
Special cams L14. I think ( detail in the knowledge base)
Ported and polished head
Lightened flywheel
Endless chains
Bigger valves
Fully balanced
Other specs were available, maybe use the search function
Pulled like a train right through the range.
.
Last edited by tim wood on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Series 1 FHC purchased 50 years ago. Courted my wife in it.
Series 1 2+2 when the kids were small now sold.
Series 1.5 OTS in opalescent maroon, Californian car. My retirement present.
Series 1 2+2 when the kids were small now sold.
Series 1.5 OTS in opalescent maroon, Californian car. My retirement present.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3 Re: Any info on what spec a VSE VS02 engine overhaul was?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14449&p=117909&hilit=Vse02#p117909
Sample spec above.
Mine wasn’t to this level but given you an example
Sample spec above.
Mine wasn’t to this level but given you an example
Series 1 FHC purchased 50 years ago. Courted my wife in it.
Series 1 2+2 when the kids were small now sold.
Series 1.5 OTS in opalescent maroon, Californian car. My retirement present.
Series 1 2+2 when the kids were small now sold.
Series 1.5 OTS in opalescent maroon, Californian car. My retirement present.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
kevhillyer
Topic author - Posts: 25
- Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:43 pm
- Location: Chichester, W Sussex

#4 Re: Any info on what spec a VSE VS02 engine overhaul was?
Many thanks Tim - certainly it seems to drive very well.
Kevin
1970 S2 2+2 Manual
1970 S2 2+2 Manual
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


