Page 1 of 1
#1 Brake & clutch reservoirs yellowed plastic
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:39 pm
by Rogermrm
Any one have ideas to whiten the yellowed plastic of the original reservoirs, I have tried the hydrogen peroxide (12%) and UV method with limited success.
Any proven ideas most welcome.
#2 Re: Brake & clutch reservoirs yellowed plastic
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:10 pm
by 288gto
Hi,
Like yourself I tried all sorts of things including, don’t laugh, denture cleaner and tooth whitener with limited success. The best result was putting them in the dishwasher.
Simon
#3 Re: Brake & clutch reservoirs yellowed plastic
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:13 pm
by rswaffie
#4 Re: Brake & clutch reservoirs yellowed plastic
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:53 am
by 288gto
Hi Richard, yes I’d read that and despite following the instructions my particular surface bromine was reluctant to “mobilise” or “migrate”.

There was a pic on here of my attempts a few years ago. They are on the car now, not white but better than they were. More importantly they don’t leak.
Simon