#1 Reaction valve outlet
Posted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:19 pm
As part of my “little jobs” undertaking during the lockdown I’ve taken to tidying the plumbing around the carburettors. This was always untidy with tubing runs very close to the base of the float chambers.
I trying to work out which is the correct direction for the outlet spigot on the reaction valve to face.
I can just get it to seat when the spigot is pointing at the 6 o’clock position and this leaves the tubing away from the carbs but the clamp touches the frames. It all sits happier when the spigot is at 3 o’clock but the tubing is then closer to the float chambers.
Any comments or thoughts on how it should be?
On Chris Vines excellent site he has the 3 o’clock placement other illustrations show the 6 o’clock.
Thanks
Tim
I trying to work out which is the correct direction for the outlet spigot on the reaction valve to face.
I can just get it to seat when the spigot is pointing at the 6 o’clock position and this leaves the tubing away from the carbs but the clamp touches the frames. It all sits happier when the spigot is at 3 o’clock but the tubing is then closer to the float chambers.
Any comments or thoughts on how it should be?
On Chris Vines excellent site he has the 3 o’clock placement other illustrations show the 6 o’clock.
Thanks
Tim