headlamp adjusting level ?
#1 headlamp adjusting level ?
I am adjusting the headlamps level after fitting new bulbs. Can someone tell me the level of the light on a wall in front of the car ? i can have no more than a distance of 8 meters between the car and a wall .

Yves, happy XKE 63 fhc , w113 280sl owner
Looking for a OTS 4.2 serie 1....!
and now have found a fhc xk 140 
Looking for a OTS 4.2 serie 1....!
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2 Re: headlamp adjusting level ?
Hi
The service manual gives this guidance:

It doesn’t give heights as I guess there may be variances, but the starting point seems to be the lamp centres.
I didn’t have 25’ of level ground so the MOT guys did it with their tool in about 5 mins!
The service manual gives this guidance:

It doesn’t give heights as I guess there may be variances, but the starting point seems to be the lamp centres.
I didn’t have 25’ of level ground so the MOT guys did it with their tool in about 5 mins!
Richard
Previous owner and restorer of a S1 3.8 FHC Opalescent Golden Sand with Tan Trim 889504 (now sold and headed for Athens)

Previous owner and restorer of a S1 3.8 FHC Opalescent Golden Sand with Tan Trim 889504 (now sold and headed for Athens)
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3 Re: headlamp adjusting level ?
Thank's Richard it's exactly what i need .... I should have read the manual before... 
Yves, happy XKE 63 fhc , w113 280sl owner
Looking for a OTS 4.2 serie 1....!
and now have found a fhc xk 140 
Looking for a OTS 4.2 serie 1....!
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |




