Page 1 of 1
#1 Painting armrest/door pulls a different colour
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:21 pm
by Bigcatfrankie
Having changed the interior of my car from biscuit to light grey I now need to change the colour of some faded sea green vinyl-covered armrest/door pulls I have bought.
Has anyone successfully done this and what paint is best to adhere to a flexible base, as well as be hardwearing?...........results on the internet give a bewildering array of suggestions on how it should be done.
Thanks.
#2 Re: Painting armrest/door pulls a different colour
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:11 pm
by Gfhug
Tim, you could try the leather/vinyl paint from the furniture clinic: furnitureclinic.co.uk
I recoloured my S2 seats both the leather front and vinyl backs so their products could well help you out.
Geoff
#3 Re: Painting armrest/door pulls a different colour
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:17 pm
by mgcjag
Tim.....you could recover them and get a perfect match....a trimmer can make stitched covers or you could diy like i did
http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php? ... 8c9#p80023
#4 Re: Painting armrest/door pulls a different colour
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:14 am
by Bigcatfrankie
Thanks Geoff and Steve...............most useful comments.
I was particularly impressed with your covered armrests, Steve. Very labour intensive and I'm not sure I would have the patience. Think I may well have a word with my local trimmer!
Was playing around with a can of grey spray primer last night and was amazed how close a match it was
though how long primer would last on a door pull is anyone's guess!